PATRON: Stephen Billington, actor
PATRON: Stephen Billington, actor
If you want scripts that are as enjoyable and as fulfilling to perform as they are to watch, then Geoff is your playwright!
His plays have won numerous local and national awards for himself and drama groups, and his material has entertained audiences in seven different countries. Performers love to appear in them. As one theatre director recently said “ This successful and engaging piece of work attracted a capacity audience as well as providing huge amounts of fun for the cast who rehearsed it, and raising significant funds.”
A performer and director himself, Geoff puts himself in the actors’ and directors’ shoes to produce scripts that are so good to work with and maximise the impact with audiences. They have been featured on stage, radio and, recently, on Zoom, and have raised substantial funds for charities too. On top of that, he recently won ‘Best Writer ‘ and ‘Most Prolific Writer’ awards.
Geoff has a passion for historical dramas and his Full Length plays include;
- Violette-The Fight For Freedom (The eventful life of Violette Szabo, a World War Two heroine captured behind enemy lines)
- The Betrayal of Edith Cavell (The heart-rending story of this heroic World War One nurse)
- Three Years A Prime Minister-The Remarkable Times of Spencer Perceval ( The story of the tumultuous events leading up to the death of Britain’s only Prime Minister to be assassinated)
- The Search for Anne Frank (A fresh look at the very moving well-known World War Two story)
- Edward, Mrs Simpson and Freda (The two main loves of Edward 8th, and the events leading to his sensational abdication)
- Amazing Grace (The story of William Wilberforce and the passionate fight to Abolish Slavery)
Geoff also produces great fun One Act plays, that have given drama groups much success, including;
- More Tea Vicar? (A dysfunctional Church committee hit on an idea to raise badly-needed funds with risqué and amusing consequences)
- Let’s Be ‘Avin You! ( A hapless Police station staff somehow catch Britain’s most notorious criminal gang)
- Phantom of The Arts Centre ( A motley crew of Volunteers discover a World War Two veteran is discovered hiding in a cellar. Is he the lost lover of one of the volunteers?)
- God Bless America! ( A futuristic satire about how the Presidency is decided in 2060, with surprisingly comical consequences.)
- Not A Penny More! ( Charity Shop staff and a bumbling policeman catch a serial killer and solve their financial problems)
- The Actress and The Bishop. ( A very saucy tale of long lost love)
- Downcast Abbey. A fun spoof of the popular tv series. This is in two episodes and can be performed separately as two One Act plays or as a full length play in two Acts.
Recently Geoff has also written a blockbuster original Panto ‘Old King Cole’, which is a new story, with fresh jokes but many of the traditional ingredients, which wowed audiences on its debut. As one Theatre director said “ This Pantomime was a great success and we were able to raise over £1000 profit for our charities”
In addition, Geoff writes short dramas and comedy sketches, that can make great variety events, and he is also prepared to write bespoke plays for organisations. Here is what a LAMDA examiner said recently ;
“Geoff’s expertise on play writing encompasses both comedic and dramatic, never failing to encompass his audience in laughter or suspense and is of an extremely high standard.”
So, if you want to make a big impact with your forthcoming productions, and for more details of these plays, contact Geoff on ;
Copyright © 2020 StageLaunch - All Rights Reserved.
PATRON: Stephen Billington